Our blogger Tiffany (Peanut Blossom) is not afraid to admit that she doesn’t LOVE spending time outdoors. So, to make sure everyone in the family has plenty of outdoor time this season, she resolved to spend 15 minutes outside with her kids every day. And we have been excited to follow along as she shares this journey over on her blog, and provides us with plenty of outdoor entertainment along the way. Keep reading below to find Tiffany’s 5 tips for getting kids outside!
In her recent blog post, “Tolerating Outdoors for Your Kids” Tiffany shares 5 ways that “outdoor phobic” mommies can start getting their families outside – while even enjoying themselves in the process!
Her ideas include:
- Gathering a basket of books and a sun chair/umbrella, and sitting for a few quiet moments in the ever-fleeting spring sun;
- Having children use their own bucket to find “treasure” outside, then spending some quality time sifting through their discoveries together;
- Going back to the basics: BUBBLES!
- Asking for a demonstration of what your child is learning in gym class; or
- Taking a peek at what the outdoors look like after hours!
What are your favorite ways of getting kids outside? Share with us in the comments below, or join the conversation on Facebook.