Our blogger Tiffany (Peanut Blossom) is not afraid to admit that she doesn’t LOVE spending time outdoors. So this year, she resolved to spend 15 minutes outside with her kids every day. And we have been excited to follow along as she shares this journey on her blog (and provide outdoor entertainment along the way). Here are her 5 tips for getting your kids outside!
In her recent blog post, “Tolerating Outdoors for Your Kids” Tiffany shares 5 ways that “outdoor phobic” mommies can start getting their families outside – while even enjoying themselves in the process!
Her ideas include:
- Gathering a basket of books and a sun chair/umbrella and sitting for a few quiet moments in the ever-fleeting Spring sun;
- Using a bucket to find “treasure” outside, then spending some quality time sifting through their discoveries;
- Going back to the basics: BUBBLES!
- Asking for a demonstration of what your child is learning in gym class; or
- Take a peek at what the outdoors look like after hours!
For the full list of inspirational outdoor ideas, read Tiffany’s full post here.
What are your favorite ways to help your child explore the great outdoors? Share with us in the comments below, or join the conversation on Facebook.