Explore Some USA Fun Facts with Kids!
Learn about the United States with trivia about its 50 parts! Start by pulling out a map, piecing together a USA Map Wooden Puzzle or USA Map Floor Puzzle, or by grabbing a USA Learning Mat with Wipe-Off Crayons for mealtime learning.
Use the maps to point out and talk about the states as you read the trivia. Then add to the comments section and wow us with some silly and amazing USA fun facts of your own!
- Maine is the only state whose name has just one syllable.
- Alaska has the longest coastline of any state—in fact, more than the other 49 states combined!
- Arkansas is home to the country’s only working diamond mine.
- The Iolani Palace in Hawaii is the only royal palace in the United States.
- 2/3 of the world’s eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- The tallest building in the United States is Freedom Tower in New York, New York.
- North Dakota’s Pierce County marks the geographic center of the continental United States.
- The oldest known rock in the world is in Minnesota!
- In Montana, Grasshopper Glacier was named for the bugs frozen inside it!
- California is home to giant redwood and pine trees that are thousands of years old.
More Ways to Play