We Asked You to Give Us Your Best Toddler Parenting Advice and You Came Through with Some Great Comments!
One common theme was patience:
- Just breathe!
- Count to 10 first. And laugh a lot!
- Parenting a toddler is the hardest thing I’ve ever done! I’m learning to have more patience than ever before, to learn to not sweat the small stuff, to laugh more, play more, have more fun and to smother them with love, hugs and kisses, and most importantly, to make them feel and know they are loved – every day!
- Patience, patience and more patience!
Another common theme was love, hugs & kisses:
- You can never love a child too much. Hug,kiss, and snuggle as much as you want to
- My advice is to listen, encourage, love unconditionally, and be their BEST cheerleader in life!!
- Teach by example and always let them know they are loved.
- Hug it out!! A hug makes everything better – both the good and the bad.
Another common theme was to have fun:
- That tutus and pajama pants CAN be an outfit! Enjoy the fun times and take pics!
- Let them wear a costume anywhere/anytime they want.
- Socks don’t have to match.
- Choose to cherish the best parts of each day – the memories of pretend tea parties and snuggling at bedtime are far more important than the tears.
Some advice offered perspective:
- They will only be babies for such a short time! No matter how tough it is, remember that before you know it they will be off to college, so leave the dinner dishes, leave the laundry and go cuddle with your little one, dance around the house together, read an extra bed time story, give them one more hug and kiss and even one more cookie before bed:) and most of all LOVE them!
- Write down the cute things they say and do. Kids grow up way too fast, and sometimes small things that make us love our kids more easily get lost or forgotten in the daily hectic shuffle of toddler parenting.
- Take pictures often. They grow fast!
- This too shall pass
- It all comes out in the wash!!!
Some were just outright funny, but true!
- Baking cookies always makes the day better.
- Enjoy every minute – and put up safety gates
- Cowboy boots look great with shorts…even if you don’t think so.
We had the philosophical:
- Children learn what they live….
- Choose your battles wisely!
- Never go anywhere without baby wipes…….they clean EVERYTHING.
…And the serious:
- It’s ok for mommas to cry sometimes too
Thank you all for your contributions! You can see the complete list of your Best Toddler Parenting Advice on our Facebook Fan Page